Friday, August 14, 2009

Gooseberry Jelly and Lake Powell fishing








Well it has been a busy week. From going to Lake Powell and then making lots of jelly, and canning. I am posting a picture of 2 bass I caught at the same time. I have heard of it happening but I had never caught 2 at a time. Why cant this happen to me at a fishing tournament?
The last few days my mom, and Jaime, have been over at my house putting up food storage. We canned 21 quarts of green beans, 21 quarts of squash, 12 loaves of Zuchini bread, 30 jars of Gooseberry jelly, and dry canned a bunch of other things. I know it had to be done. Now I find myself with one week until hunting season starts. WHERE HAS THIS SUMMER GONE? All I want to do is stay home with Taylor. She is starting to get so many expressions, and laughs, and giggles, she is hard to put down.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awesome. You are the woman. I am glad that you put a pic of the gooseberry. Wyatt picked one up the other day and asked me what it was. I told him that it looked poisonous so he better not eat it. I had no clue you could eat them or make jelly, that is interesting. Taylor is growing up so fast enjoy every minute. Good luck with the hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Tator bug is gonna be a heartbreaker. Sooo cute. Thanks for all the fun canning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you guys have been working. Taylor looks like she is grining over all the canning and then the last picture looks like she is all tuckered out from all the hard work. She is so beautiful.
    All your cannin looks wonderful. Glad all is doing well. Love ya, Eloise

    ReplyDelete